About Mickel Therapy
First of all, Mickel Therapy is not -
- It is not a special diet
- It does not involve expensive supplements
- It is not psychotherapy
- It is not Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- It does not involve medication
- It does not involve physical contact
What Mickel Therapy is -
- It is holistic – that is, it sees you as a whole person, not just the symptoms or the part of you that is ill
- It is a talking therapy
- It teaches you why you have become ill and then gives you the tools that you can use to regain your health
- It is empowering, as it teaches you how to heal yourself
- It teaches you to understand why you have the symptom that you do, why your body is creating those symptoms and how to act in a such a way that your body no longer needs to send these symptoms
How does it work?
Mickel Therapy was developed by Dr David Mickel, a GP in Elgin in Scotland. Dr Mickel was very frustrated as he could do nothing to help his patients with M.E., CFS, Fibromyalgia, and Post Viral Syndrome. He also found it frustrating prescribing medication when it merely masked symptoms of disease when he wanted to help patients to become free of the dis-ease.
He studied complementary therapies and psychotherapy, amongst other things and discovered the importance of body intelligence. It was this discovery which helped him to develop Mickel Therapy.
Mickel Therapy teaches us that body intelligence uses symptoms to communicate with us, to give us messages that are otherwise very difficult to interpret. With a Mickel Therapist’s help it is possible to interpret what your body intelligence is telling you when it sends you symptoms and you will learn how to act in an appropriate way which will make the symptoms stop. The symptoms stop because your body intelligence knows that you have got its message.
Watch Dr Mickel’s video to gain a deeper undertsanding of your illness and the causes of dis-ease.